Announcing Purse Palooza 2013!!
I am very excited to be participating in Purse Palooza this year (even though it should really be Bag-A-Palooza but we will forgive the Americans again, won’t we fellow English speakers?)! I’m posting on October 16 and I’ve chosen a bag from Australian designer Monica Poole.
Here’s how BAGAPALOOZA works:
1. Every weekday from September 30th – October 25th, there are 2 guest bloggers scheduled to share a purse sewing pattern review. None of the purses reviewed from the event last year are being reviewed again, so these will be fresh sewing pattern reviews! The review will contain detailed information about w the sewing pattern, modifications made, interfacing used, and more!
2. Even more exciting…THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY EVERY WEEKDAY DURING THE EVENT! That’s right, 20 GIVEAWAYS!
3. At the end of the event, you will get a chance to show me your purse in order to win some amazing prizes! Of course, international entries are welcome too!
September 30 – Sara – Sew Sweetness (Serendipity Studio – Media Frenzy Camera Bag)
Kim – My Go-Go Life (Sew Sweetness Lilium Laptop Bag)
October 1 – Samantha – At Home with Mrs. H. (Chris. W. Sugar and Spice Bag)
Rachael – Imagine Gnats (Bari J. Green Living Bag)
October 2 – Anna – Charmed Liebling (Studio Kat Tandem Tote)
Mary – Mary on Lake Pulaski (Primitive Pieces Ewe Old Bags)
October 3 – Lindsay – Lindsay Sews (Diaper Bag)
Joanna – Tutinella (Oliver + S Messenger Bag)
October 4 – Andrea – Mouse in my Pocket (Michelle Patterns Pleated Wristlet)
Elena – Hot Pink Stitches (Sewing Rabbit Tote)
Angela – AngelaB (Amy Butler Sophia Bag)
October 7 – Tiffany – This Crafty Fox (Two Peas Ava Bag)
Lana Parks – Moments of Sanity in a Crazy World (Dog Under My Desk Two Zip Hipster)
October 8 – Allegory – A Thousand Needles (Sew Sweetness Aeroplane Bag)
Gina – Gina Pina (Echino Gathered Bag)
October 9 – Katy – Imagingermonkey (Made By Rae Lickety Split Bag)
Ali – a2w (Melly and Me Sleepover Bag)
October 10 – AnneMarie – Gen X Quilters (Michelle Patterns Strap Clutch)
Jaye – Art Quiltmaker (Oliver+S Day in the Park Backpack)
October 11 – Kim – Kim’s Krafts (Charlie’s Aunt Anglia Bag)
Kerry – very kerry berry (Carolyn Friedlander/Noodlehead Social Tote)
October 14 – Katie – Swim Bike Quilt (Style Stitches Origami Bag)
Amy – Diary of a Quilter (Noodlehead Divided Basket)
October 15 – DeeAnn (Rebecca Lambert Corduroy Patchwork Bag)
R0ssie – Fresh Modern Quilts (Lotta Jansdotter Gardening Tote)
October 16 – Elizabeth – Don’t Call Me Betsy (Noodlehead Super Tote)
Laura – Quokka Quilts (Moonshine Designs Bella Bag)
October 17 – Cindy – Raspberry Sunshine (AMH Right Turn Bag)
Emily – EmmmyLizzzy (Pleated Beauty from Bend the Rules Sewing)
October 18 – Jess – Elven Garden (Emmaline Necessary Clutch)
Brenda – Pink Castle Fabrics (Green Bee Vera Bag)
October 21 – Katy – The Littlest Thistle (Momma Hear Me Roar Tohoku Tote)
Joanna – Shape Moth (Emmaline Boyd St. Bowling Bag)
October 22 – Penny – Sew Take a Hike (Patchwork Bag by Akemi Shibata)
Corinna – Another Thing Off the List (Amy Butler Belle Bag)
October 23 – Teresa – Crinkle Dreams (Drop Top Messenger Bag from Stitch Magazine)
Natasha – House Full of Nicholes (Dog Under My Desk Daytripper)
October 24 – Kay – Miss Print (Amy Butler Birdie Sling)
Terri – Sew Fantastic (Michelle Patterns Inset Zipper Clutch)
October 25 – Emily – Mommy’s Naptime (Duffle Bag)
Julianna – Sewing Under the Rainbow (Studio Kat Gadabout Bag)
1. Check out all the purse pattern reviews throughout the month and get inspired to sew up a purse of your own!
2. Link up your completed purse on the Purse Palooza 2013 page BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 30th AND NOVEMBER 11th. Your
purse bag must be created and photographed between those dates; purses made prior to September 30, 2013 will be disqualified. The purse may be of your own design, or made from a sewing pattern. You can link from Flickr, your blog post, or wherever else you host your photos.
3. There is no limit to how many purses you may enter, as long as they were made between September 30th and November 11th. Only one link-up per purse please.*Note: Besides bags and purses, for this event also acceptable are clutches, backpacks, wallets, etc.
|Greenbacks Wallet Trio|
This year, there will be 1st-4th prize winners chosen from all those that submit a purse during the event. There will also be a randomly-drawn winner out of everyone who enters!
1st prize – 4th prize will receive an AWESOME prize pack courtesy of Pat Bravo, genius fabric designer extraordinaire! The prize packs will each include 3 Pat Bravo sewing patterns (La Boheme Skirt, Barcelona Bag, and Capri Bag), a pack of Pat Bravo Aurifil Threads (thread pack may vary, as there are 3 different packs), and 10 Pat Bravo fat quarters (fat quarters may vary).
Retail value of each prize pack: $127.
There will also be one randomly-drawn winner out of all purses entered, and this winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to my publisher, Martingale (as well as a copy of Big-City Bags!).
Retail value of prize pack: $77.
Grab a button!!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.sewsweetness.com/2013/09/purse-palooza-2013.html" title="Sew Sweetness"><img src="http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/bluemerleboutique/pursepalooza12.jpg" alt="Sew Sweetness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>