QAYG = Quilt as you go (quilt one square at a time, not whole big quilt)
FMQ = Free motion quilting QAL = Quiltalong FMQML = Free-motion Quilt My Life!
This quiltalong offers a range of options for the super fussy and not-so-confident, so that you will be able to come up with a fantastic looking quilt. (Basic beginner skills are required).
You can determine the number of squares and size of quilt. I am doing 24 squares and am going to lay mine out like this and use solid grey sashing and backing.
JOIN THE FLICKR GROUP HERE!!
Requirements are posted below. Other posts will be linked below as they follow, commencing January 2012. You can join in at any time. Requirements
For the Quiltalong, you need:
- a range of solids in 6.5″ squares
- a solid binding colour, cut into 2.5″ strips to sash each 6.5″ square
- 11″ squares (times the number of squares you are doing) of backing for each square
- 11″ squares of wadding, preferably the same type. I am using white-n-warm and warm-n-natural because that is what I have scraps of. I am going to do a ‘how to’ on joining batting scraps for those thrifty people who have been hoarding scraps
- Thread. LOTS. For less confident, newer FMQ’ers, invisible or matching thread; for intermediate, a medium contrast thread (eg grey); if you’re super confident or ready to see all your stitches, go for a high contrast thread like white.
- Intro: Choose your own Free Motion Adventure!
- Block Preparation
- Guest post by Fluffy Sheep
- Blocks 1 and 2
- Blocks 3 and 4
- Row 1 Linky Party
- Row 2: Blocks 1 and 2
- Row 2: Blocks 3 and 4
- Row 2 Linky Party
- Row 3: Blocks 1 and 2
- Row 3: Blocks 3 and 4
- Row 3 Linky Party
- Row 4: Blocks 1 and 2 – A rose by any other name
- Row 4: Block 3: McTavishing with Emma How
- Row 4: Block 4a and 4b with Helen Godden and Michelle Pearson
- Row 4 Linky Party
- Row 5: Feathers Blocks 1 and 2
- Row 5: Blocks 3 and 4 with Leah Day
- Row 5 Linky Party
- Row 6: Choose Your Own Adventure with Jane Davidson
- Row 6: My final blocks
- Joining blocks (See also Leah Day’s post)
Please let me know if you have a finish!